Recipe courtesy of Supergolden Bakes
- Start by seasoning your lamb with a few turns of the salt and pepper mill. Heat the oil in a pan and brown the lamb, in batches, over a high heat. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the hot pan and sauté the onions and leeks until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the flour and a little of the stock to make a gravy, then add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, garlic and cranberry sauce (if using).
- Add the stock, lamb and the pan contents to the slow cooker and stir in the parsnips, carrots and bay leaves.
- Layer the sliced potatoes over the top, overlapping them slightly. Season with the salt, pepper and thyme. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting for 7-8 hours.
- For a finishing touch, brush the potatoes with a little melted butter and brown under a hot grill in the oven for 5-7 minutes until slightly crispy at the edges. Sprinkle with the rosemary, serve and enjoy!
Tips: You can prepare the recipe in advance and add to your slow cooker without the final layer of potatoes. Keep this in the fridge until you are ready to cook the hotpot, adding the potato layer on top before turning on the slow cooker.