- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas 4, or heat up the slow cooker.
- Take a large ovenproof casserole dish or frying pan, heat the oil and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the onion, chilli and garlic, and lightly soften.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Carefully spoon into the slow cooker or casserole dish and place a lid on the pan.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 2-2½ hours until the meat is tender, or cook on the low setting in the slow cooker for 5-6 hours.
- Serve in bowls with rice, or great with jacket potato and a spoonful of soured cream.
Kieran Hardy’s chunky Welsh Beef chilli
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Serves 4