- Make the flavoured butter. Place the softened butter into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until it is soft and creamy, then add the seasoning, lime and thyme.
- Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper or cling film and wrap it around the butter to make a sausage shape. Twist the ends to seal and place in the fridge to harden. (The butter can also be frozen).
- Pour a little oil onto the cutlets and, using a brush or hands, oil both sides of the cutlets.
- Heat a griddle pan or heavy based frying pan and when very hot, add the cutlets. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side for medium cooked cutlets. Take them out of the pan and place on the plate, slice the flavoured butter into ½ cm rounds and place one on each cutlet. Allow to stand/rest for a few minutes before serving, and for the butter to melt onto the cutlet.
- Serve with crushed new potatoes and green vegetables or a green salad.
Griddled Welsh Lamb cutlets with lime and thyme butter
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Serves 4