1 hrs 30 mins
- To make the sauce, pour the oil into a saucepan and over a medium heat fry the onions, garlic and ginger until lightly browned.
- Add the spices and seasoning and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to boil.
- If you want a smooth tikka masala sauce – carefully pour the sauce into a blender and blitz for a few minutes. Return to the pan.
- In a separate frying pan fry the diced lamb for a few minutes until browned and then add to the sauce.
- Cover and cook until the meat is tender. Time will depend on which cut you’ve used: allow 45 minutes-1 hour if leg / chump / neck used and approximately 1½ hours if shoulder used.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander and basmati rice or naan bread.