Welsh Lamb Yummy Kebabs
Share this page
Tuesday 9th June 2015
- 90ml (6tbsp) olive oil
- 45ml (3tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- sprinkle of ground black pepper
- 30ml (2tbsp) chopped fresh herbs, such as basil
- 450g (1lbs) lean Welsh lamb, cut into 3cm cubes (boneless leg steaks are ideal)
- 2 thin courgettes
- 1 long thin aubergine
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, garlic, lemon juice, herbs and black pepper, add the cubes of meat, stir well, cover with cling film and put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Prepare the vegetables, cut the peppers into 3cm squares, wash the tomatoes. Slice the courgettes and aubergines along the length to make long strips, try and cut them fairly thinly approximately 5mm thick. You want the strips to be long enough to wrap around a cube of meat, trim the strips to the correct size.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and put on a plate.
- Wrap some of the lamb cubes with the courgettes slices and the others with aubergine slices, then very carefully (as the skewers are sharp!) push them onto your skewers, adding the tomatoes and peppers to make them look attractive and colourful.
- Preheat the grill, place them on the grill pan and brush with the marinade. (These can also be cooked on a BBQ).
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning them now and again to ensure they are cooked evenly