Welsh Lamb Rarebit Hotpot
Share this page
Wednesday 11th September 2019
400g leftover cold Welsh Lamb (pulled shoulder / roast)
2 medium leeks, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
400ml stock (vegetable or lamb)
6-8 medium potatoes, cooked and thickly sliced
150g Welsh Cheddar cheese
4tbsp Welsh ale
1tsp (heaped) wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Lightly fry the leek and onion until coloured.
- Add the Welsh Lamb and stock. Heat through until piping hot.
- Transfer the mixture to an over proof dish.
- Overlap the sliced potatoes around the edge of the dish.
To make the rarebit:
- Combine the cheese, mustard and ale to a thick paste.
- Spread the paste over the potatoes.
- Place under a hot grill for 10 minutes, until golden brown.