- Place beef joint in a large deep dish. Add ginger beer, herbs, garlic and seasoning and roll the joint in the marinade until coated.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for 4-5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Drain beef from marinade, strain the marinade reserving the liquid in a small saucepan, spread the drained herbs over the meat. Place beef in a roasting pan, pour over oil and cook for calculated cooking: 20 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 20 mins for rare or 25 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 25 mins for medium
- Baste occasionally during roasting.
- Add ginger reserve to the reserved marinade liquid and reduce on the hob for about 15-20 minutes until syrupy but pourable. (This can be spooned over the joint to serve.)
- Remove joint from oven and allow to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Serve beef sliced and drizzled with ginger juices.