- Heat oil in a large pan, add cubes of meat, brown on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic, lightly cook.
- Add curry powder and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Cook spice for about a minute.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and lager.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Remove lid for last 30 minutes to allow sauce to thicken slightly if necessary.
- Serve curry with corn pilau rice, fresh sweetcorn kernels, onion rings lightly fried with cumin and coriander, serve on a bed of steamed basmati rice.