- Heat the oil in a large pan, add cubes of meat, brown on all sides. Add onion and garlic, lightly cook. Add the curry powder and stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Add the tomatoes, purée, stock and chickpeas. Stir well, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 2-2½ hours until meat is tender.
- Spicey mash: Heat mashed potato in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add the coriander, tomato & onion and lightly combine together.
- Remove curry from the oven, add the spinach and stir through.
- Serve curry with spicey mash and a selection of chutneys.