Thai Style Welsh Lamb Leg Steaks with Ginger and Tomato Salad
Share this page
Wednesday 10th June 2015
- 4 lean Welsh Lamb leg steaks
- 2tsp green Thai paste
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1" root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- small knob of butter
- 1tsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 fresh tomatoes sliced
- Place Welsh Lamb steaks in a shallow bowl.
- Add the green Thai paste and half the ginger and garlic. (Reserve the other half of both ginger & garlic and use in the salad dressing).
- Mix and rub over all sides of the steaks.
- Cover and leave until ready to cook.
- Prepare the salad: Finely chop or pound together in a pestle and mortar the chilli and ginger until smooth-ish.
- Add the oil and black pepper, and mix together.
- Add the tomatoes, mix together and leave to stand at room temperature until steaks are ready.
- Preheat a grill or griddle plate and cook lamb steaks for about 4-6 minutes each side (depending on thickness of steak).
- When cooked place on a plate, add a small knob of butter to the top of each steak and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve steak with buttery juices, and ginger and tomato salad.