- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF. Firstly, weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time, then place the beef joint in a large deep dish.
- Now it’s time to add the garlic, shallots and seasoning to the beer and then roll the joint in the marinade until coated. Cover the delicious concoction and then marinate in the fridge for 4 – 5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Now that the delicious marinade has soaked into the meat for a few hours, foil line a roasting dish.
- Place the beef inside the roasting dish and scrunch the foil around the joint, making sure the foil surrounds the joint but doesn't cover it. Pour over lashings of the marinade, set the alarm and cook for the time that you calculated earlier.
- Now that the beef is sorted, it’s time to concentrate on the roasted vegetables. Place all the ingredients into a large roasting pan and give them a good shake to make sure that they are spread out in a single layer.
- Now roast them in the oven for about 50 minutes until the vegetables are tender but brown and crisp.
- When the oven alarm pings, remove the joint from the oven and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes. To avoid the temptation of trying a slice of the delicious beef, keep yourself busy by pouring the remaining marinade from the roasting dish into a small pan – add a sprinkle of sugar and reduce on the hob for about 15 minutes.
- Now serve the sliced beef with vegetables and drizzle with the juice.