- First, preheat your oven or lidded BBQ to Gas Mark 5, 190˚C, 375˚F.
- Next, butterfly your leg of Welsh Lamb – or you can ask your butcher to do it for you when you buy the meat. Take your butterflied leg of Welsh Lamb, and thread two large metal skewers through the meat from corner to corner.
- Now place the marinade ingredients into a large deep bowl and stir well together.
- With the marinade complete, add the joint and coat completely – cover and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- You’re now ready to cook the meat – the joint can be cooked on the BBQ or you can place it in a preheated oven directly onto the oven shelf – with a ‘drip tray’ placed under the meat to catch juices.
- Cook the joint for about 40-50 minutes or until the centre reaches 70˚C – spoon over the remaining marinade as the joint cooks.
- Whilst the joint cools down make your couscous as per the packet instructions.
- Add the orange segments, lime juice & rind, watercress and cucumber to the cooked couscous and serve with thick slices of Welsh Lamb.