Baked flour tortillas with spicy Welsh Beef mince
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean Welsh Beef mince
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 300ml (½pt) passatta
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 10g (2tsp) chilli powder
- 1 courgette, cut into small cubes
- 50g (2oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 100g (4oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat some oil in a large pan, then add the mince, onion and garlic and fry until browned.
- Then add the passatta, tomatoes, chilli powder, courgette, mushrooms and seasoning.
- Savour the delicious aroma then simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Now take each tortilla, scoop on a large dollop of the mixture on one edge, then spread out and roll up.
- Place the stuffed tortillas neatly into a dish, lavish with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until gooey and golden.
- Serve with seasonal salad and crunchy slaw and sour cream. Sombrero optional.