Baked flour tortillas with spicy Welsh Beef mince
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
450g (1lb) lean Welsh Beef mince
15ml (1tbsp) oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
300ml (½pt) passatta
400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
10g (2tsp) chilli powder
1 courgette, cut into small cubes
50g (2oz) mushrooms, sliced
8 flour tortillas
100g (4oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat some oil in a large pan, then add the mince, onion and garlic and fry until browned.
- Then add the passatta, tomatoes, chilli powder, courgette, mushrooms and seasoning.
- Savour the delicious aroma then simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Now take each tortilla, scoop on a large dollop of the mixture on one edge, then spread out and roll up.
- Place the stuffed tortillas neatly into a dish, lavish with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until gooey and golden.
- Serve with seasonal salad and crunchy slaw and sour cream. Sombrero optional.