Winter warming Welsh Beef Stroganoff
- 450g Welsh Beef steak – Sirloin or fillet, cut into thin strips
- 25g butter (optional)
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 onion – thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Splash of white wine or brandy (optional)
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 heaped tbsp. crème fraiche
- Chopped parsley and cooked white and wild rice to serve
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan and fry the meat strips on a high heat for a few minutes to brown, then add a splash of wine or brandy if you wish and cook for further 1 minute. Remove the meat from the pan .
- In same pan add a splash of oil and butter and fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper for a few minutes, then add the mustard, black pepper, salt, paprika and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the meat to the pan and heat through, then the crème fraiche, bring to the boil and serve with cooked rice and sprinkle with a good handful of chopped parsley.