- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / Gas 6.
- Dry fry the beef mince until nice and brown, leaving it in clumps.
- Add the onion, peppers and mushrooms and fry gently to soften.
- Add all the remaining ingredients other than the cheese. Stir through to mix and leave the mixture to cool.
- On a floured board, roll out the pizza dough into 2 circles approximately 20cm each.
- Place the pizza dough circles on baking paper.
- Stir the cheese into the beef mixture. Halve the beef mixture and spoon onto one half of each pizza dough circle, leaving 3cms around the edge.
- Lightly dampen the edges with water and fold the pizza dough over the half of the circle to form the calzone.
- Press to seal the edges. Using your fingers, crimp or fold in the dough to form a pattern around the edge of the calzone.
- Carefully lift the calzone onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the dough is golden and crisp.