- Preheat the oven to 170˚C / 150˚C fan / Gas 3.
- Heat the oil in a pan or flameproof casserole dish and fry the beef in two batches until nice and brown. Return all the beef into the dish.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes to colour. Add the garlic and stir for a further minute.
- Add the paprika spices and stir well. Add a splash of red wine vinegar.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and seasoning, stir well and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and place in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Prior to serving, thicken if required.
- Serve with spoonfuls of soured cream and chopped parsley.
- Delicious served with chunky bread, rice or buttered pasta.