- Mix the ingredients for the rub and use to coat the lamb.
- Cook the beans according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh them in cold water. Peel the skin off the broad beans, as the colour will be much brighter (optional).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and, over a high heat, sear the lamb on all sides, being careful not to burn it. Reduce the heat and add the butter. Cook for approximately 4 minutes each side or to your liking, turning occasionally and basting with the butter. Take the pan off the heat, cover with foil and allow to rest while you finish the salad.
- In the same pan, heat a little oil, add the onion and garlic and stir. Add the beetroot and rosemary and colour the beetroot gently, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Slice the lamb into thin slices.
- Mix the remaining salad ingredients in a bowl, add the beans and the beetroot mixture then pour over the dressing and serve immediately with the warm lamb and feta.
Pan-fried Welsh Lamb served with broad bean, beetroot and feta salad
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Serves 3