- To make the Onion, Apple and Leek Relish, add all the relish ingredients (Onion, apples, chilli sauce, vinegar, sugar and leeks) to a large pan. Cover the pan and cook on a reduced heat until the leeks are soft and the apples fluffy, approx 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile make the patties.
- In a bowl place lamb mince, mint jelly and onion. Season well and mix together thoroughly.
- Divide into 8 and shape into patties.
- Cook under a preheated grill for 8-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove relish from heat and serve either hot or cold. (Alternatively, if you are short on time buy a relish to serve with the patties). Serve patties with relish and griddled Welsh cakes.
- Serve on floured buns with salad.