- Place the mince in a cold pan and place on the heat – ‘dry fry’ in its own juices until browned. Add the onion and garlic, and lightly cook. Add the spinach, stir until it wilts slightly and put to one side to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make the Pasta: Into a bowl sieve the flour, make a well in the centre and add the eggs. Using your hand combine the ingredients together until you can pull the mixture together into a ball. Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Finish the filling off by adding the nutmeg, seasoning and ricotta cheese.
- Roll out the pasta until extremely thin – using a pasta rolling machine. Place pasta sheets onto a board and place teaspoonfuls of the mixture in small piles on the pasta. Leave a boarder around each pile of filling of about 3cm.
- Cover with a second sheet of pasta and press firmly around the filling creating ‘little pillows’. Cut between each ‘pillow’ to create ravioli – you should have sufficient mixture for around 15 - 20 raviolis’
- Heat a large pan of water until boiling and cook ravioli in small batches of about 4 for about 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter with the mint and serve drizzled over the ravioli.