Goan Sweet Potato Curry with Welsh Lamb
Share this page
Thursday 21st December 2017
- 1 tbsp oil
- 600g diced lamb (can use leg, shoulder or neck)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli – seeds removed and finely sliced
- ½ inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml veg or chicken stock
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 lime, rind and juice
- Handful of fresh coriander
- To serve – cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the diced lamb and fry until browned. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, celery and chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk, stock, tomato purée and seasoning. Once boiled cover with lid and simmer for 90 minutes. Add more stock if required.
- Add the sweet potato and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until potato is soft.
- To finish – stir through the lime rind and juice and sprinkle with chopped coriander.