Welsh Lamb Christmas Risotto
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) Welsh Lamb leg steaks or neck fillet cut into small cubes
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 225g (8oz) arborio risotto rice
- 50g (2oz) dried cranberries
- 2 star anise
- black pepper
- 150ml (¼pt) white wine
- 600ml (1pt) lamb stock
- rocket & mixed salad leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the Welsh Lamb cubes, garlic and leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice, cranberries, star anise and season, stir well together. Add the wine and allow to bubble, followed by most of the hot stock (reserve a little to check risotto consistency toward the end of cooking) and again stir well.
- Leave to simmer without a lid on for about 15-20 minutes, stirring and checking liquid quantity from time to time. Add just a little more stock if it starts to absorb too quickly.
- Finish and serve scattered with rocket and mixed salad leaves.