- Preheat your oven to Gas 4, 180˚C, 350˚F. Bring together the thinly sliced potatoes, aubergine and fennel in a large pan of boiling water. Cover the pan, bring back to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Now, add in the courgettes and simmer for a further minute – drain well.
- Take a pan, heat some oil and lightly cook the onion and garlic. With the onion and garlic softening, place the Welsh Beef mince into the pan and leave to cook for about 3-4 minutes – until brown all over.
- Leave the vegetables to one side, place the remaining ingredients into the pan with the Welsh Beef, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid off.
- Remember to remove the bay leaf. Take a family sized gratin dish and place a layer of mince on the bottom of the dish. Follow with a layer of sliced vegetables and repeat using all the mixture – finishing with a layer of vegetables. With the layering complete mix together the egg, yoghurt and milk and spoon onto the top of the mixture – smooth evenly to cover the dish.
- Finally, pour the yogurt mixture over the last layer of vegetables and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the topping is golden and serve with a delicious seasonal mixed salad.