- Take the steaks and cut a small, deep pocket into the side of the steak. Widen and open this using clean fingers. Take half of the pâté and push into the pocket. Pull the meat around the pâté and ‘squash’ to fully enclose.
- Season the steaks well and place in a preheated hot frying pan. Rare −3-4 minutes each side Medium − 5-6 minutes each side Well done −7-8 minutes each side
- Remove from pan and allow the steaks to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Add to the pan, that the steaks have cooked in, the wine and allow to bubble and fizz for 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese, milk and peppercorns and allow to melt.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with home-made fries or seasonal vegetables.