Welsh Beef Christmas Skewers
Share this page
Wednesday 3rd June 2015
- 450g (1lb) Welsh Beef rump steaks, cut into chunky cubes
For the ‘Christmas Cake’ Glaze:
- 90ml (6tbsp) Apricot jam
- 2tbsp Brandy
- 1 Orange, rind removed and use
- 2.5ml (½tsp) Mixed spice
For the Christmas Slaw:
- 1 Orange, juice removed and used
- 1 Fig very finely chopped
- 3 Dried apricots, very finely chopped
- 2tbsp Raisins – soaked in 15ml (1tbsp) brandy. This is a seasonal option!
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 25g (1oz) Flaked almonds
- Thread 3-4 pieces of Welsh Beef onto long metal or (pre-soaked in water) wooden skewers.
- Make ‘Christmas Cake’ Glaze: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Place the skewers onto a grill pan and cook under a hot preheated grill for 8-10 minutes.
- Half way through the cooking time brush the skewers liberally with glaze, and again towards the end of cooking.
- Make the Christmas Slaw: Place all the ingredients into a large bowl & mix well together.
- Serve the skewers with a heap of slaw – any leftover glaze can be boiled in a pan rapidly for a few minutes & served as a dipping ‘jam’.