Warm Welsh Beef Noodle Coconut Salad
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean beef rump or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 5ml (1tsp) oil
- 5ml (1tsp) lemon grass purée or fresh, finely sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 5ml (1tsp) sugar
- 100g (4oz) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 100g (4oz) mange tout, lightly blanched
- 2 heads pak choi, shredded
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 25g (1oz) salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml coconut cream
- 30-45ml (2-3tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- In a large hot non-stick wok or saucepan fry lean rump or sirloin steaks in oil until browned, approx 3-4 minutes. Add lemon grass, soy sauce, chilli, sugar and mixed mushrooms, and cook for 1-2 minutes then keep warm.
- Add boiled noodles and green vegetables, toss together and place in a large salad bowl.
- Make Coconut Dressing: Add together coconut cream and sweet chilli sauce. Drizzle with coconut and chilli dressing and scatter with peanuts. Serve with prawn cracker.