- Take a lean boned ½ lamb leg joint or use a boned and rolled shoulder joint, remove the string and lay flat. Place the flat joint into a dish and add garlic and rosemary. Rub into the lamb then pour over red wine, blueberry juice and honey. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the marinade and thread metal skewers criss crossing through the meat to keep flat. Cook on a lidded or covered BBQ - place flat onto the BBQ grid not too close to the coals, turning frequently for about 40-50 minutes.
- Alternatively place directly onto the shelf in a preheated oven (Gas mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F) (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 40-50 minutes until browned on the outside and still a little pink in the centre.
- Thoroughly boil for at least 5 minutes the remaining marinade and serve poured over the lamb joint, as a thin ‘gravy'. (If using the oven roast new potatoes, onion wedges and garlic bulb at the same time for approx 40 minutes until roasted and golden).
- Squeeze garlic purée from the skins and add with the onions to 60ml (4tbsp) mayonnaise. Serve the lamb carved into chunks with new potatoes, garlic and onion mayo, and heaps of seasonal green salad.