- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot.
- Add the beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 mins. Add the curry powder and coat all the ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, cover with lid or foil. Cook in preheated oven for 1½-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce thickened.
- Serve with pilau rice and naan breads toasted with chopped pistachio nuts and drizzled with honey.