- Place onion and garlic into a small pan with butter and oil and lightly cook. Add the liver and cook until it has totally browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Add the herbs and port and allow to bubble to burn alcohol off. Allow mixture to cool.
- Add the mascarpone and season with black pepper and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth
- Spoon pâté into small dishes or ramekins. Smooth the top and spoon over the melted butter to create a thin layer.
- Decorate with herb sprigs and peppercorns. Cover and place in the fridge and chill for about 1 hour.
- Place peach halves onto a lined baking tray, drizzle with honey and grill for about 5 minutes until just starting to soften.
- Serve pâté with a stack of granary toast and peaches, drizzle with any escaped honey.