- Preheat the oven to Gas 4-5, 180ºC, 350ºF
- Put all of the crust ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- When that’s done, lightly brush the racks with oil and press the ‘crust’ mixture all over the fat area and work it until well covered.
- Place on a foil lined tray and bake loosely covered with foil for about 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Allow to rest and cool for a few minutes before carving. The crust will be crumbly, so carefully carve and serve, adding any deliciously crumbly bits to each plate.
- Serve with your favourite festive trimmings; steamed Brussel sprouts, roasted mini potatoes baked in their skins, with rosemary and oil and braised red cabbage with red onions, apples and mulled wine.
- These are so delicious it’s highly unlikely there’ll be any cutlets left, but if so serve cold with your favourite chutney and a wonderful winter coleslaw of red cabbage, apples, red onion and a dollop of garlic mayo.