Oriental Welsh Beef and Noodles
Share this page
Friday 5th June 2015
- 2 lean Welsh beef steaks - rump or sirloin are ideal - cut into thin strips
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 15 ml (1tbsp) low-salt soy sauce
- 30 ml (2tbsp) clear honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- selection of oriental style vegetables, e.g: 1 bunch pak choi (or 1/2 crispy green cabbage)
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ cucumber
- pack pre-cooked medium white noodles (or pre-boil some noodles)
- 1 lime, juice and rind (skin of lime)
- a little chopped fresh coriander
- Cut the beef steaks into thin strips and place in small bowl. Wash your chopping board or use another board to chop the vegetables. Cut the pepper into cubes or strips, chop up the pak choi and celery, cut the cucumber into strips.
- Pre heat your wok (or large frying pan), add the oil and then the beef strips, cook the strips for 3 minutes, giving it a few stirs, add the garlic and vegetables (keep the cucumber until the end), stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, honey and the juice and rind of the lime - stir.
- Add the cooked noodles, cucumber and stir until it's all piping hot - a few minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Eat with a fork or chop sticks!