Meaty Welsh Beef cupcakes
Share this page
Wednesday 3rd June 2015
- 225g (8oz) Welsh Beef lean mince
- ½ approx 400g Can chopped tomatoes
- 5ml (1tsp) Chilli powder
- 4 Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 Fresh tomato, finely diced
- 500g Packet pre-made shortcrust pastry
- 25g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 500g Packet prepared mashed potato – for ‘Icing’
- Extra finely chopped tomatoes & spring onions for Cupcake ‘sprinkles’
- Cupcake/muffin cases
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C, 350°F
- Dry fry the mince in a small pan until brown (place the mince in cold pan & increase the heat) – the meat will cook in its own juices). Add the ½ can of tomatoes, chilli and sun dried tomatoes, cook for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and add the spring onions and fresh tomato.
- Line a 12 deep muffin tin with paper cases. Roll out the pastry. Using a fluted cutter (about 10cm diameter) cut out 12 bases and place into the paper cases. Gently push pastry into the paper case to line. Scrunch a little non-stick baking paper into each and add a few pieces of dried pasta or rice and bake blind (just lightly cook) for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take out the baking paper & pasta. Fill each case with the mince mixture.
- Lightly warm the mashed potato in the microwave and spoon mash into a piping bag. Pipe a swirl on top of the mince mixture to cover. (If you don’t have a bag you could just spoon the mash on top & finish off with a fork).
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and place under a hot preheated grill for 2-3 minutes to brown.