Manchego cheese Welsh Lamb Cutlets
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 4 lean Welsh Lamb cutlets
- 50g (2oz) manchego or other similar hard cheese, cut into 4-thick slices
- 30ml (2tbsp) mango chutney
- 4 rashers of pancetta or streaky bacon for wrapping
Chilli spiced tomato & potato salad:
- 450g (1lb) new potatoes, cooked
- 30ml (2tbsp) mayonnaise
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- cayenne pepper
- First, place the Welsh Lamb chops on a board and use a sharp knife to carefully make a slit in the fat side of each cutlet – it will create a shallow pocket.
- Next take a slice of cheese and place into the pocket, then add a small teaspoon of chutney and wrap each cutlet in one or two rashers of pancetta or streaky bacon.
- Place each Welsh Lamb cutlet under a preheated grill and cook for eight or ten minutes on each side or until cooked through and browned.
- Now in a large bowl, add the chopped cooked new potatoes, mayonnaise, red chilli, tomatoes, spring onions and a pinch of cayenne pepper – gently mix together.
- Serve the delicious Welsh Lamb cutlets with the potato salad and extra salad leaves.