Fillet of Welsh Beef with Peanut, Herb & Lime Relish
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) approx piece Welsh Beef fillet, rump or sirloin
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 60ml(4tbsp) fresh herbs: basil, parsley, mint
- 50g (2oz) peanuts, chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice and rind
- Combine chilli, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, soy sauce and half of the fresh herbs together for the beef marinade and place in a shallow dish. Add the beef and roll the piece of beef fillet until thoroughly coated in the ingredients. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat a griddle pan, grill or barbecue and cook on a medium heat for about 15-20 minutes turning frequently until browned on the outside and pink and juicy in the centre.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients for the relish.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes and then slice thickly.
- Serve with the peanut relish and noodle salad.