- Mix the ingredients for the marinade together and brush over the shoulder. Allow to stand for 1 hour (place in the fridge if standing for longer than an hour).
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C / 150˚C fan / Gas 3.
- When the lamb shoulder is at room temperature, prepare the roasting tin by placing the sliced onions in the base of the tin, pop the shoulder on top, pour the liquid into the tin and add the garlic, lemon and lime halves and the herbs.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for approximately 4 – 5 hours. Baste occasionally.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200˚C / 180˚C fan / Gas 6. Remove the foil, baste and pop the shoulder back into the oven for approximately 20 minutes until it has a lovely crispy skin and lightly browned all over.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes before pulling apart and serving.
Slow roasted Welsh Lamb shoulder
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 5 hrs
- Serves 5+