You can find more delicious recipes from Sabrina on her website.
- Preheat a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and drizzle just enough oil to lightly coat the base of the pan. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes until they become translucent.
- Turn the heat up a little, add the meat and stir to coat it in the onions. Add the spices and stir well, ensuring the meat is evenly coated then add the garlic and stir. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the honey and lemon juice and mix again until evenly coated. Reduce the heat to a gentle medium heat and pour over enough boiling water to just about cover all the meat. Give everything a final stir then, with the lid off, cook for 1 hour 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and topping up the liquid volume a little if needed.
- In a small frying pan over a medium-high heat, dry-toast the almonds for a few minutes on both sides until nicely charred/browned then remove them from heat and set aside.
- After the hour has elapsed, taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as desired. Add the apricots and plum halves, stir, and allow to simmer gently for another 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, the lamb will be lovely and tender. Remove from the heat and choose a wide, shallow bowl for serving. Decant the stew into a serving vessel, sprinkle over with the almonds and lastly with the parsley and serve. Absolutely perfect with couscous, rice or flatbreads.