- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 150°C Fan / Gas 3.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a food processor or ‘bullet’ blender. Add the lemon juice, oil, spices, peppercorns and some salt. Blend to a paste.
- Put the lamb joint into an ovenproof roasting dish or slow cooker. With a sharp knife cut some slashes into the meat and rub the paste all over the joint.
- Pour a little water into the base of the roasting dish or slow cooker. Cover the roasting dish with foil and roast for 3 hours 30 minutes, or cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven or slow cooker and allow to cool slightly before shredding the lamb with two forks. Serve immediately.
Tip: great served pulled on wraps or flatbreads with hummus, salad, Greek style yogurt and pomegranate seeds