- Heavily season your rib of beef with salt and pepper and wrap it loosely in foil (but make sure the foil is well sealed – use a couple of layers if needed). Place on a baking tray with a rack to collect the cooking juices and put a cup of water in the bottom of your cooking tray to help steam the meat. Place in the oven at 100ºC / 80ºC fan / Gas 1 and leave for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, take the beef out of the oven and save any juice in a separate jug or container. Leave the rib to cool until you can handle it comfortably. Cut the individual ribs between the bone and pan fry on each side to seal and glaze the meat (colour and crisp it up). No oil is needed in the pan as there will be plenty of fat from the meat.
- When coloured, combine a little bit of the cooking juices and a dash of soy sauce and use this to baste your rib.
For the garnish:
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into 1cm thick chips. Place a generous glug of oil in a frying pan and fry the chips until they are browned and tender. Season and drain. Finely chop your spring onion and coriander and sprinkle on top of your chips.
- Finely chop your chilli and pickle it by covering with white wine vinegar (the longer you leave the chilli in the vinegar, the less heat you’ll get out of the chilli).
- Toast your sesame seeds in a dry pan until they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle your chips with the toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with yogurt, adding as many pickled chillies as suits your taste.
- Bon appetit!