- Remove strings and flatten out the lamb, then place into a shallow dish and add the marinade ingredients. Thoroughly combine, cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the marinade and thread metal skewers crisscrossing through the meat to keep flat.
- Cook on a lidded or covered barbecue – place flat onto the barbecue grid (not too close to the coals), turning frequently for about 40-50 minutes.
- Alternatively, place directly onto the shelf in a preheated oven at 180ºC / 160ºC fan / Gas 4-5 for about 40-50 minutes until browned on the outside and still a little pink in the centre. Remember to place a tray underneath to catch the drips.
- Take reserved marinade and boil thoroughly until thickened slightly – about 5 minutes, and serve drizzled over the lamb. Serve with Chinese stir-fry vegetables.
Leg of Welsh Lamb with coconut, chilli and coriander
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 50 mins
- Serves 5+