Recipe courtesy of Rocket & Squash. If you have leftovers from Rocket & Squash’s Welsh Lamb with leeks and chickpeas recipe, Edward suggests turning the leftovers into this delicious hummus dish.
- Warm the chickpeas and leeks (and any lamb juices/fat leftover) in a saucepan with half their weight in water. Gently heat so that the fats melt and the chickpeas are warm – there is no need to boil.
- Place the chickpea mixture in a power blender and blitz until very smooth. Add the tahini, a generous sprinkling of salt and some lemon juice. Blend again.
- Toast the cumin and fennel seeds. Grind them to a powder with a pestle and mortar and the flaky sea salt. Add a little more salt and a good pinch of chilli flakes.
- Place chunks of the leftover lamb in a cold frying pan, warm over a medium-high heat until the fats begin to render and the flesh turns crisp and golden. Chop the meat and season with the spiced salt.
- Spoon the purée into a bowl leaving a dip in the middle. Add the lamb, a squeeze of lemon and more seasoning. Scoop up with a flat bread or a spoon.