- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the lamb for a few minutes until browned.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic and fry for a few minutes, stirring gently until the veg has softened.
- Add the purée, herbs and seasoning then add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 1 hour until the lamb is tender (45 minutes if using leg steaks).
- Add the butter beans and the greens and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve scattered with herbs and crusty bread.
Welsh Lamb and butter bean stew
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 1 hrs
- Serves 4