- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / Gas 6. To make the crumb, put the bread into a food processor and blitz until it forms breadcrumbs, add the lemon rind and herbs.
- To prepare the lamb, score the fat on the rack. Heat the pan until hot and add the oil. Sprinkle over the black pepper and sear the rack until browned on all surfaces.
- Remove from the pan, then smear the mustard over the fat on the lamb, sprinkle over the crumb mixture, sprinkle over with sea salt and then press down gently, pressing the crumb to stick to the mustard.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes if you like your lamb medium /fairly pink, 30-35 minutes if you want it well done.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into individual cutlets.
Rack of Welsh Lamb with herby mustard crumb
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Serves 2