- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Place in a bowl the potato slices, onion, rosemary and seasoning, toss together. Place in the bottom of a large roasting pan or dish (& large enough to take the whole leg). Add the slices of pear and slot between the potatoes.
- Weigh the joint and calculate the cooking time: Medium – 25 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 25 minutes Well done – 30 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 30 minutes
- Place the joint on top of the potatoes, pour over the cider and pour stock into dish. Cover with foil and cook for half the cooking time covered and then remove the foil for the remaining time.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables.