- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5, 190ºC, 375ºF.
- Place lamb mince, onion and garlic in a cold pan, turn on heat and dry fry the mince until browned. Add the redcurrant jelly and thyme sprigs, and cook off the excess moisture. Remove from the heat, drain and season (save the strained juices to add to your gravy). Allow to cool slightly.
- Make the Suet Pastry: Into a bowl place the flour, suet and a little salt. Add sufficient cold water to combine together and create a slightly sticky dough. Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 1cm (approx rectangle of 28 x 20cm).
- Spoon onto the pastry the meat mixture and spread out evenly. Roll up from the longest side like a ‘Swiss roll’. Place the ‘roll’ onto a lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes until pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve in thick slices with lamb gravy and seasonal vegetables or your favourite relish and salad.