- For the meatballs mix all the ingredients together and shape into 12-15 meatballs.
- In a large non-stick saucepan heat the oil and fry the leeks and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce, bring to the boil, carefully transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, cheese and chives. Top with breadcrumb mixture and bake for about 25 minutes until topping is golden and meatballs cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with spaghetti and a large mixed side salad.