Welsh Lamb Faggots
Share this page
Wednesday 2nd October 2019
400g lean Welsh Lamb mince
250g lean pork mince
250g Welsh Lamb liver (minced or pulse in food processor)
1 onion, finely chopped
170g pack sage and onion stuffing mix
½tsp ground mace
½tsp ground sage
Flour to shape
1 onion, sliced
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
50ml water or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4
- Lightly oil a roasting tin or ovenproof dish
- Mix together the minced lamb, pork, liver and onion. Add the dry ingredients and stir well.
- If you wish to check you are happy with the flavouring – fry a teaspoon of mixture in a pan until cooked, then taste and adjust if necessary.
- Shape into fairly large balls – approximately 8-10. Use a little plain flour to help you shape them.
- Place in the prepared tin scatter with sliced onion. Stir the balsamic vinegar into the stock and pour into the tin.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and return for a final 20 minutes.
- Delicious served with creamy mash, mushy peas and onion gravy.