Welsh Lamb Christmas Crackers
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean minced Welsh Lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) bulgar wheat
- 5ml (1tsp) cumin
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 12 sheets of filo pastry
- 25g (1oz) butter, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 4, 180˚C, 350˚F.
- Take a saucepan and dry fry the mince and onion until it has lightly browned. Once the meat has browned, add the bulgar wheat and cumin and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next stir in the mint and seasoning, and then allow to cool.
- Now cut the filo pastry into rectangles, approximately 16 x 13 cm (size of crackers can vary – mini size for canapé or larger for buffet).
- Take two rectangular sheets, place them together on a board and brush edges with butter.
- Heap a teaspoon of the filling into the middle of the pastry rectangle and spread evenly leaving space around the outside to seal the cracker. Roll into a sausage shape and pinch the pastry just after the filling to make the frilly ends of the cracker. Repeat using the remaining ingredients.
- Once you have finished rolling the crackers, place them on a baking tray, brush with melted butter and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until golden. Serve hot or cold, as a starter or a snack.