- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and brown slightly. Add the cubed lamb and brown well. Add the cumin and stir well. Then add the pumpkin or squash, stock, sultanas, pine nuts and season well. Add one sprig of rosemary, put lid on pan and allow to gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into a ‘family’ sized pie dish or four individual pie dishes. Reserve a little juice if quite a lot and save this for additional gravy.
- Remove the packaging from the pastry and press into it (with your clean fingers!) small pieces from a sprig of rosemary.
- Take a rolling pin and roll out the pastry to fit the pie dish (pressing in the rosemary if it falls out). Place pastry into dish, brush with egg and milk glaze, and place in preheated oven at Gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF oven for about 25 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden brown.
- Serve with a heap of seasonal green vegetables.