Welsh Lamb, Pesto and Feta Pizza
Share this page
Monday 29th July 2019
225g boneless Welsh Lamb leg steaks (1 large or 2 small leg steaks)
Prepared fresh ready rolled pizza dough – enough for 1 pizza
1 tablespoon oil
1 aubergine, sliced lengthways
2 courgettes, sliced lengthways
100g reduced fat prepared green pesto
150g feta cheese, crumbled
1 pomegranate, seeds only
Handful rocket leaves
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into a thin rough oval shape, and place on the tray. Leave to stand for few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot and brush with oil. Lightly char the courgette and aubergine slices on both sides for a few minutes.
- Spread the pesto over the dough. Top with slices of courgette and aubergine.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until base is crisp.
- While pizza in oven cook the lamb steak. Drizzle a little oil over the steak on both sides and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, season and allow to rest for a few minutes, then cut into slices.
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- When pizza cooked, top with the feta, pomegranate seeds, rocket leaves and sliced lamb.
- Drizzle with the lemon dressing and serve immediately.
To save time we’ve used ready to use chilled pizza dough or you can make your own dough or use a dough mix where you just add water to it and follow instructions on pack.
We’ve topped our pizza with sliced cooked lamb leg steak but you could use leftover roast lamb if you prefer.