Welsh Lamb and Pesto Pizza
To save time we’ve used ready to use chilled pizza dough or you can make your own dough or use a dough mix where you just add water to it and follow instructions on pack.
We’ve topped our pizza with sliced cooked lamb leg steak but you could use leftover roast lamb if you prefer.
- Heat the oven to 210°c / Gas Mark 7.
- Lightly grease baking tray or use baking paper.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into a thin rough oval shape, and place on the tray. Leave to stand for few minutes.
- Oil a griddle or frying pan and over a high heat lightly char the courgette and aubergine slices, just cook for a few minutes.
- Spread the pesto over the dough. Top with slices of courgette and aubergine, lightly brush vegetables with oil and edge of pizza.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until base is crisp.
- While pizza in oven cook the lamb steak. Drizzle a little oil into a hot pan and fry the steak for 4 - 5 minutes each side, sprinkle with little seasoning and allow to rest.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients together and place in a small jug or bowl.
- When pizza cooked, top with crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, rocket leaves and thinly sliced lamb steak.
- Serve drizzled with the lemon dressing.