Welsh Lamb and Cranberry Curry
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 900g (2lb) lean Welsh Lamb shoulder, cubed
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm (1") piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 30ml (2tbsp) medium curry powder
- 5ml (1tsp) all spice
- 300ml (½pt) lamb stock
- 300ml (½pt) cranberry juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) cranberry sauce
- 50g (2oz) frozen cranberries, defrosted
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 4, 180˚C, 350˚F.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot, add the Welsh Lamb cubes and brown on all sides. Once browned, add the onion, garlic and ginger and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- When the onions and garlic have softened, add the curry powder and spices – making sure all the ingredients are coated.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, except the cranberries and spinach, and bring to the boil. Once the curry is boiling, cover with a lid or foil and cook in a pre-heated oven for 1½-2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Having cooked the curry, stir through the cranberries and spinach.
- Serve with warmed Naan breads brushed with butter and drizzled with honey and a pinch of cinnamon.