Welsh Beef strips and dips
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean thick Welsh beef rump or sirloin steak
- 45ml (3tbsp) pre-made apple sauce
- 30ml (2tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 45ml (3tbsp) tomato ketchup
- 10ml (2tsp) mustard
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- Season beef steak liberally with black pepper. Cook on preheated griddle plate or grill for 3 minutes each side for medium cook.
- Meanwhile make the dips: Chilli Apple: Mix 30ml (2tbs) apple sauce and 15ml (1tbs) sweet chilli sauce together. Bonfire BBQ: Mix ketchup, 15ml (1tbs) sweet chilli sauce, 15ml (1tbs) apple sauce and mustard together. Pear Salsa: Mix pear, spring onion and coriander together.
- Chill dips for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut the steak into thick strips and serve with a large handful of rocket leaves and warm rosemary foccacia.